2010年9月9日星期四

Get involved in my new blog! Hong Chi Lodge, I like it!

I am very delighted to start this new blog. I have a high expectation on my participations and yours. This will be the place whenever I have something important or funny to say. If you find you have similar interests with me, vice versa, I welcome you to take a look on it and leave me some of your thoughts and feelings.

To begin with, I want to recommend you to make a visit to Hong Chi Lodge, located at Pinehill in Tai Po. Quoted from the Hong Kong Jockey Club:

"The Jockey Club Hong Chi Lodge has 10 guest rooms, a coffee shop and a conference room. All guest rooms are completed to five-star hotel standard. At the Lodge, young people with mild or moderate intellectual disabilities are offered intensive on-the-job training programmes in housekeeping and catering services. The Lodge will be open to the public and proceeds will be used to support the Lodge's operations."

I went there for a retreat camp with a group of 6 girls, in August stayed for 2 nights. We booked 3 twin rooms. Each room is equipped with a small pantry, spacious toilet, TV, silky bed sheet and everything you can find in Marriot hotel. I specially like the marriot bathing product Nirvae. The natural but distinguished sandalwood essence smells so nice. My skin got soothed after a whole day event outdoor. Also the room has enough place for our group gathering and some small games. We dont even need to book the conference. My friends and I checked out with smiles and some Hong Chi Gourmet Cookies.

Why I choose to stay there:

-Bargain (Price is higher on Fridays and Saturdays, but still a very bargain one)
-Support the Social Entrepreneur (it runs for profits to support the proceedings)
-nice views and atmosphere
-passionate staff (sometimes too passionate^^)
-Feel nothing commercial (it's a mix of camping and hotel-like)
-Flexible (we organized a treasure hunt at night, it's no way for you to do in proper hotel)

Something you need to tolerant:

-backward admin process (you need to make some calls and bank in the money or write a cheque)

-limited choices for food (only breakfast and lunch are available, only sandwiches and toasts are available for breakfast)

-quite a no. of mosquitoes according to my friends (whose blood looks so yummy to mosquitoes)

-only a small shopping mall around (in fact it is a residential estate)

-No spa or lounge (stay away from alcohol this time!)

If you long for a short retreat with small budget, I definitely recommend you to make a call to see if there is any vacancies.

Thanks for viewing and keep follow me!

沒有留言:

發佈留言